Govt. Polytechnic Jhansi
On the ‘KARM BHUMI’ of Maharani Laxmi Bai, popularly known as ‘JHANSI KI RANI’ the foundation of this polytechnic was laid down in the year 1958. This institute is situated 3.5 Km away from railway station and 7 Km from the Bus stand on the Jhansi Gwalior road; the head quarter of “BUNDELKHAND” Region is a historical and industrial city. There are so many industries in Jhansi like BHEL, Mycem Cement factory, Railway workshop, Parichha Thermal power plant, Vikas Udhyog, rolling mill, Indian Hume Pipe Industry, Concrete Udhyog, Balls & Cylpebs and IT education hub etc.
Initially this institute started its academic session with three disciplines- Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in the year 1958. The institute started three years diploma courses in Automobile Engineering in 1971. Three years diploma in Electronics Engineering in 1972 and one and half year’s diploma in computer Application in 1993, at present it is two years course(PGDCA). Recently two new one year PG Diploma course are running that is Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Hardware Networking and Post Graduate Diploma in Web Designing. At present the institute is running with Eight disciplines having intake 120,120,120,120,120,120,60 and 60 respectively. Board of Technical Education, U.P. Lucknow, awards diploma certificates in various disciplines. All these courses are approved by AICTE and one year PGD courses are approved by BTE UP Lucknow.
Besides the above “Scheme for Integrating with Disabilities in the main Stream of Technical and vocational Education” by MHRD Delhi is being connected within formal course in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and PGDCA having 25 additional seats for physically handicapped person. As well as non-formal courses in 25 difference trades is being under above scheme having 100 vocational trainees par year.
Initially the institute acquires 103.47 acres of land on 3rd March 1958. Out of which 15 acres land transferred to industrials state, 3.47 acres to railway, 15 acres to Government Girls Polytechnic and 2.42 acres to office of Joint Directors Technical Education (Bundelkhand Zone). At present it has 67.58 acres of land after sharing with department/institute mentioned above. The institute has it’s own administrative, academic building for different trades, hostel, N.C.C blocks, residential building for staff and playground. The institute has two boys and two Girl hostel also.
Department of human Resource Development under the Government of India, sanctioned Community Polytechnic in 1986 to trained rural unemployed students in technical discipline for their self-employment. Now this Community Polytechnic Scheme is running with traditional and advance technical education like plumbing, welding, carpentry, sheet metal, auto repairing, readymade garments, radio and T.V., screen- printing and computer.